Employment: Full Time
ROMTech now seeks a Billing Specialist to join our billing team. The Billing Specialist will report to the Auditing Supervisor. The ideal candidate is located in the NYC Metro area, has a keen attention to detail and is a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify patient benefits before sending claim
- QC patient paperwork and accurately submit billing
- Maintain billing tracking sheets daily and with accuracy
- Follow billing protocol and procedures
- Work with team to streamline billing efforts
- Function as a team player with the billing department to reach set monthly goals
- Assist with any special projects as needed
- Bill out 50 claims a day
- Ensure reporting spreadsheet is up to date
- Answer patient questions about any billing issues
- Billing clean claims at 98% accuracy
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2-5 years of medical billing experience
- 2-5 years working in an EMR system (DrChrono) and a clearinghouse (Brightree)
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as a team player
- Attention to all the details, both big and small
- Takes pride in their work
- Experience working with patients via Telehealth a plus
Qualified candidates, please respond and include
- A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to—as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.