About the Position: We are now seeking a Cost Accountant to represent the finance department in our Brookfield, Connecticut office. This candidate will be reporting to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for all cost accounting activities, providing support to operations, and serving as liaison between operations and finance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance, and integrity of cost accounting systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain cost standards for materials, labor, and overhead
- Monitor, analyze and report production costs and cost variances
- Coordinate annual physical inventory and cycle counts
- Prepare cost of goods sold, production reports and other accounting reports
- Reconcile all inventory accounts including raw materials, work-in-progress, and finished-goods
- Prepare all inventory-related journal entries and other month-end close tasks
- Manage capital expenditure process, enter, and maintain fixed assets and related depreciation schedules
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for senior management
- Provide accounting support, analysis and guidance to manufacturing, quality, and engineering personnel
- Assist with annual budget process and forecasting
- Analyze inventory valuations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3+ years’ work experience in General Ledger Finance and operations analysis/reconciliation
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Excel Skills (V-lookup/pivots)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships with internal partners
- Motivated, reliable, and flexible team player that enjoys to problem solve
- Possesses a positive attitude
We are looking for ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated individuals who take great pride in their work. We are a startup and encourage candidates with a “no task is too big or too small” mentality to apply. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a detailed cover letter and your resume to be considered.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.