We are now looking for a Cost Accountant to represent the finance department in our Brookfield, Connecticut office. This candidate will be responsible for all cost accounting activities, for providing support to operations and serving as liaison between operations and finance.
- Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and integrity of cost accounting systems
- Develop, implement and maintain cost standards for materials, labor and overhead
- Monitor, analyze and report production costs and cost variances
- Coordinate annual physical inventory and cycle counts
- Prepare cost of goods sold, production reports and other accounting reports
- Reconcile all inventory accounts including raw materials, work-in-progress and finished-goods
- Prepare all inventory-related journal entries and other month-end close tasks
- Manage capital expenditure process, enter and maintain fixed assets and related depreciation schedules
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for senior management
- Provide accounting support, analysis and guidance to manufacturing, quality and engineering personnel
- Assist with annual budget process and forecasting
- Analyze inventory valuations
- 3+ years’ work experience in General Ledger Finance and operations analysis/reconciliation
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Excel Skills (V-lookup/pivots)
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships with internal partners
- Motivated, reliable and flexible team player that enjoys to problem solve
- Possesses a positive attitude
This position is a full-time employment opportunity. We are looking for ambitious, hard-working and dedicated individuals who take great pride in their work. We are a startup and encourage candidates with a “no task is too big or too small” mentality to apply. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a detailed cover letter and your resume to be considered.
Thank you for your interest.