ROMTech now seeks a Data Science and Architecture Manager to represent the Technology department at our Brookfield, CT headquarters. The Data Science and Architecture Manager will be responsible for the data management technology landscape, and standards as it relates to the global data roadmap and global data platform. This includes common data lake and data warehouse for relevant internal, external, and client data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data architecture and analytical capabilities of ROMTech’s data
- Define and maintain the data management technology landscape, and standards as it relates to the global data roadmap and global data platform. This includes common data lake and data warehouse for relevant internal, external, and client data.
- Provide data architecture expertise to support business functions and strategic direction of the business by providing a data framework and structure for deep analytical decision making.
- Implement data governance to define how data is acquired, manipulated, and distributed.
- Define and create the data architecture framework, standards, and principles to include modeling, metadata, security, reference data, and master data.
- Initial and ongoing identification and use of internal and external data sources in order to integrate, centralize, protect, and maintain company data.
- Design and build data repositories.
- Design and build scalable data ingestion frameworks to transform a variety of datasets.
- Design and deploy end to end solutions with cloud platform analytical services.
- Drive the process of converting business use cases into data science solutions.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions specifically in the area of data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, data lakes, and data warehouses.
- Create the corporate data lifecycle.
- Create effective dashboards and visualizations for business decisions.
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation of big data, data science, and machine learning initiatives as it relates to ROMTech product data gathered over time.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to manage a team of data experts.
- Ability to interact, influence, and communicate across all organizational levels.
- Experience with architecture design and development of large-scale data platforms and data applications.
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes.
- Experience in metadata management, ETL processing, and reference data management.
- Minimum of 12 years of wide-ranging data experience working with and influencing multiple, cross-functional teams.
- 2+ years of experience building cloud data solutions.
- Skilled data development history working with cloud hosted data infrastructure platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Technical Science, or related field.
This position is a full-time employment opportunity. We are looking for ambitious, hard-working and dedicated individuals who take great pride in their work. We are a startup and encourage candidates with a “no task is too big or too small” mentality to apply. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a detailed cover letter and your resume to be considered.
Thank you for your interest.