We are now looking for a Data Science and Architecture Manager to represent the Technology department in our Brookfield, Connecticut office. This candidate will be responsible for data management technology landscape, and standards as it relates to the global data roadmap and global data platform which includes common data lake and data warehouse for relevant internal, external, and client data.
- Data architecture and analytical capabilities of the company’s data
- Defining and maintaining the data management technology landscape, and standards as it relates to the global data roadmap and global data platform which includes common data lake and data warehouse for relevant internal, external, and client data.
- Providing data architecture expertise to support business functions and strategic direction of the business by providing a data framework and structure for deep analytical decision making.
- Implementation of data governance to define how data is acquired, manipulated, and distributed.
- Defining and creating the data architecture framework, standards, and principles to include modeling, metadata, security, reference data, and master data.
- Initial and ongoing identification and use of internal and external data sources in order to integrate, centralize, protect, and maintain company data.
- Designing and building data repositories
- Designing and building scalable data ingestion frameworks to transform a variety of datasets
- Designing and deploying end to end solutions with cloud platform analytical services
- Driving the process of converting business use cases into data science solutions
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions specifically in the area of data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, data lakes, and data warehouses.
- Creating the corporate data lifecycle
- Creating effective dashboards and visualizations for business decisions.
- Participating in strategic planning and implementation of big data, data science, and machine learning initiatives as it relates to ROMTech product data gathered over time.
- Ability to manage a team of data experts.
- Ability to interact, influence, and communicate across all organizational levels.
- Experience with architecture design and development of large-scale data platforms and data applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Technical Science or related field.
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes
- Experience in metadata management, ETL processing, and reference data management
- Minimum of 12 years of wide-ranging data experience working with influencing multiple, cross-functional teams
- Skilled data development history working with cloud hosted data infrastructure platforms.
- 2+ years of experience building cloud data solutions
This position is a full-time employment opportunity. We are looking for ambitious, hard-working and dedicated individuals who take great pride in their work. We are a startup and encourage candidates with a “no task is too big or too small” mentality to apply. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a detailed cover letter and your resume to be considered.
Thank you for your interest.