Location: Brookfield, CT
Employment: Full time
ROMTech is now seeking a Manager, Internal Controls to represent the finance department in our Brookfield, Connecticut office. The Manager, Internal Controls will review all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimized, with a view to delivering improvements by advising, coaching, and facilitating in order to not undermine the responsibility of management. The Manager, Internal Controls will report directly to the CFO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop internal control system and assure the ongoing monitoring and measuring of policies and procedures
- Plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan
- Assure the Organization is SOX compliant
- Develop Internal Control/SOX training materials and deliver training to the company
- Conduct regular audits to verify that departments are following established procedures
- Report risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the CFO and Company Board and provide recommendations for improving the company’s operations
- Develop corrective action plans to remediate deficiencies
- Identify business risks and develop preventive strategies. Conduct annual Business Risk Assessment
- Evaluate information security, regulatory compliance program and the company’s readiness in case of business interruption
- Provide support to the company’s anti-fraud programs
- Assist in preparing the company for an IPO
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, auditing, or business management
- in a rapidly growing business
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation
- and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to address issues and effect change
- Ability to always demonstrate a professional and objective perspective
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and work independently in a changing environment
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness
We are looking for ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated individuals who take great pride in their work. We are a startup and encourage candidates with a “no task is too big or too small” mentality to apply.
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
1. A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
2. An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to — as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.