We are now seeking a passionate, self-driven Manufacturing Engineer to join our engineering team. This position will be a fulltime role, on-site in Brookfield, CT. As a member of our team, you will be the bridge between engineering and manufacturing, contributing to product development, implementation, and execution. You will have the opportunity to aid in the quality of our product that has positively affected thousands of lives and is bound for millions more. You will be responsible for the optimization of many areas to help produce a robust telemedicine product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with mechanical and electrical engineering to guide new products into production efficiently
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Design and build assembly fixtures and test fixtures
- Provide feedback on product design and manufacturability issues to Engineering (DFM)
- Find ways to reduce cost and maximize quality
- Resolve issues and delays in production
- Assist in training the workforce on manufacturing processes and process improvements
- Work with quality to ensure that the company’s manufacturing processes are in compliance with all government laws and regulations
- Investigate complaints while tracking trends
- Write repair/rework instructions
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics on manufacturing process capability and product quality
- Responsible to assist with investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for manufacturing quality issues
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repairs, ensuring procedures and work instructions are followed to keep production equipment operational
- Help to automate production where appropriate
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Engineering preferred
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing (medical device preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office desired
- Proficient with SolidWorks
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Familiar with FDA regulations regarding medical device manufacturing preferred
- Travel 5-10% to local vendors, trade shows, and other domestic vendors
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to stand, sit, and/or walk for long periods of time
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
1. A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
2. An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to — as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.