ROMTech now seeks a diligent and hardworking Medical Records Specialist to join our rapidly growing Billing team. The Medical Records Specialist will report directly to the Data Entry Supervisor. The ideal candidate is located in the NYC Metro area, has a high attention to detail and recent experience in the medical field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and process orders received within 12 hours of receipt
- Perform clerical and technical duties including but not limited to, patient file creation and maintenance and appointment scheduling in the EMR system
- Assign and communicate tasks to the Prior Authorization team
- Responsible for gathering required paperwork and assuring completion in a timely manner
- Assist with reports as directed
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1+ years of recent experience in a related position (Medical Data Entry, Medical Receptionist, Medical Call Center)
- Ability to type 50-60 WPM
- Technically savvy (Microsoft 365, DocuSign, RingCentral, WestFax, EMR systems, etc.)
- Must have experience working remotely
- Ability to prioritize job duties and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of medical terminology, osteoarthrosis coding, office billing forms, insurance and governmental payer regulations and other third-party billing requirements, preferred
- Dr. Chrono experience, preferred
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.