Location: Brookfield, CT – HQ
Employment: Full time
ROMTech now seeks a People Operations Assistant to join our People Division reporting to the Manager, People Operations. In this role, you will provide support to the team working on recruiting, employee management, data management and research-based projects. This role requires someone who can multitask, has a strong attention to detail and follow up and is an avid office suite navigator. If you are someone who works well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and love that no two days look alike, this role is for you! If you are hungry for experience, looking to challenge yourself and always keeps a positive attitude, we want to meet you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of new hires and terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Manager and Director of the department.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Processes mail.
- Check References for potential new hires
- Assist with employee management processes
- Work on miscellaneous projects, conduct research, and work on other tasks, as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have at least 2-4 years of admin experience OR a degree in Human Resources
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Suite (no seriously, this is a must!).
- Must be tech-savvy; can pick up new technology/software quickly
- Compensation is based on experience and accomplishments.
Qualified candidates, please respond and include
- A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to—as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.