ROMTech now seeks an experienced Prior Authorization Supervisor to join our rapidly growing billing team. The Prior Authorization Supervisor will report directly to the Billing Manager. The ideal candidate is well versed in supervising a remote team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Prior Authorization team to include workflow and the coordination of division meetings
- Responsible for approving team members’ leave requests (PTO, etc.) and coordinating sufficient coverage as required
- Support employee evaluations including performance reviews, corrective action as well as merit increases
- Approve timesheets and overtime
- Spearhead both new employee training and continuing education for team members. Continuously update DME policy changes with all payors to the staff.
- Partner with the People Division on recruitment efforts for the team
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Work alongside team members on prior authorization tasks including, but not limited to, obtaining prior authorizations, fielding incoming correspondence from patients, staff, and offices, verifying incoming clinical information, patient insurance benefits/ eligibility and effectively communicating EOB information and explain our process with patients, offer self-pay to patients with no insurance or denied coverage, etc.
- Deescalate situations with patients by explaining our process
- Prioritize assigned tasks while working efficiently to maximize lead times and meet KPIs
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5-8 years recent experience in a related position required
- 4+ years management experience required
- Must have experience working remotely and managing a remote based team
- Superb customer service, management and follow up skills
- No task too big or small mentality
- Ability to type 60-70 WPM
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate multiple systems for better efficiency
- Technically savvy (Microsoft 365, DocuSign, WestFax, Dr.Chrono, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize job duties and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of medical terminology, osteoarthrosis coding, HCPCS, ICD-10, office billing forms, insurance and governmental payer regulations and other third-party billing requirements, preferred
- Associates Degree preferred
- Certification preferred (CPB/CPC/CBCS/ CCS/CCA)
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.