We are now looking for a Project Engineer to represent the Information Technology department at our HQ in Brookfield, Connecticut office. This candidate will be responsible for our cloud infrastructure consolidation and ongoing outsourced operation. They will be responsible for implementation of our enterprise SIEM tool and other security layer controls including Zero Trust solutions for the company. The candidate must learn and understand the vision as it relates to technical, departmental, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations. Responsibility includes consolidation of cloud infrastructure, provisioning and configuration on multi-cloud environment ex: AWS and Azure, as well as management of managed services solutions in the areas of security and operations.
● Managing private and public infrastructure projects from inception to successful completion.
● Manage multiple projects at a time with an eye on managing the technical layers and synergies of each as it relates to the digital transformation roadmap.
● Project participant and occasional lead of:
● ITSM project components and best practices
● Identity Access Management components and best practices.
● Secure Access Service edge components and best practices
● Security Information and Event Management components and best practices
● Ensure the day-to-day infrastructure operations meet performance expectations across the organization.
● Reporting on project milestones and budgets
● Formulating technology and operational policies and procedures as it relates to projects
● Management of service agreements as necessary
● Oversight of managed services as necessary
● Collaborating and managing other business stakeholders as required by project requirements and scopes
● Hands on infrastructure maintenance and support as required
● Hands on troubleshooting and resolution of IT enterprise components as necessary
● Work with other members of IT to coordinate coverage, support, etc. when and where necessary
● Service Desk / helpdesk support when required
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Technical Science or related field.
● Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud environments
● Ability to interact, influence, and communicate across all organizational levels.
● Expertise in network and cloud engineering
● Skilled data development history working with cloud hosted data infrastructure platforms.
● 2+ years of experience building cloud data solutions
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
1. A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
2. An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to — as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
ROMTech offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.