Overview: ROMTech is looking for an Android Developer to work with our software team on site in Brookfield, CT to create and make improvements to our mobile apps used in the manufacturing of our medical rehabilitation device. Must have at least 5 years of professional experience writing software in a product development environment.
- Develop robust, high quality GUI applications using:
- Java and Kotlin (from scratch)
- BLE connections to our device and peripherals
- REST API connections to our middleware
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure code quality.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Troubleshoot, fix, and test existing apps on a live platform
- Work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively.
- Work closely with project managers, designers, and data analysts to create great user experiences.
- Solve end-to-end problems.
- Can comfortably discuss the architecture for the features you will propose and the ability to implement them cleanly.
- Contribute to technical discussions, and have the openness to listen and learn from your peers
- 4+ years of experience creating apps for Android in Java and Kotlin
- Experience with formal software development process (such as Agile)
- Experience communicating with Bluetooth devices from Android
- Knowledge and experience with Gradle and CI tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
- Excellent software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Strong desire to learn and to grow.
- Experience writing requirements, architecture, and design documentation
- Experience integrating apps with REST APIs
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android GUI applications
- Highly proficient with Git
- Medical device experience with mobile apps is a big plus
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
1. A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
2. An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to — as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
ROMTech offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.