Overview: ROMTech is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to work with our team on site in Brookfield, CT. This position is to manage the database for our cloud connected medical rehabilitation device. Must have at least 5 years of professional experience as a DBA in a product development environment, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under minimal guidance from the software manager, maintain database systems in accordance with company and system requirements
- Ensure performance and high availability of database systems
- Utilize advanced monitoring to identify and remediate bottlenecks or problems
- Analyze and optimize database queries for efficiency
- Verify the integrity and availability of database backups
- Produce and maintain documentation relevant to the configuration, operation, and support of the database
- Provide support for developers
- Perform load testing to ensure performance integrity as we scale the business
- Produce database schema diagrams, and documentation related to database architecture
- Ensure database security, and compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Database Administration, System Administration, or a related field
- Experience in a healthcare related environment is a big plus
- Experience with the following:
- RDBM systems, preferably MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Linux distributions and Bash or Python scripting
- Virtualization and container technologies
- Load-balancing software
- Database topology managers
- Ability to work independently, identify and implement improvements to the system
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
1. A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
2. An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to — as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
ROMTech offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.