Position: Software Quality Assurance Engineer – Automation
Location: Brookfield, CT (Hybrid possible)
Employment: Employee, Full-time
ROMTech now seeksa passionate, self-driven Software Quality Assurance (SQA) – Automation Engineer / SDET to join our growing team in Brookfield, CT. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for improving our automation framework and writing the automation tests to ensure the quality of our cloud-connected medical device. You will be working with software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, and project managers to create, maintain, and execute test plans, and maintain automated test infrastructures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create automated tests for web and/or mobile applications, using Gherkin and Cucumber
- Work within the Software QA Team to perform software verification on a cloud-connected, multi-processor medical device
- Review user interfaces for conformity to the test automation framework
- Develop test plans, test suites, and test cases to verify the software stack (Android, web portal, middleware, firmware) using automated methods
- Participate in Agile/SCRUM ceremonies such as standup, grooming, planning, and retrospective
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in SQA and/or user acceptance testing
- 2+ years writing automation test cases for complex systems
- Worked in, and built out automated testing frameworks for web, API and/or mobile platforms
- Experience with regular expressions and programming languages such as Java, Groovy and Cucumber for use in writing automation tests
- Experience with REST API manual and/or automation testing
- Experience reviewing requirement specifications for defects, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security
- Experience with tools to manage defects and test cases
- Disciplined approach to testing and documentation in a fast-moving environment
- Team player with a passion for quality
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Highly preferred experience in medical or another regulated industry (i.e., aerospace, military, etc.)
- Successfully created automation tests for interconnected systems that contain Bluetooth and wireless networking interfaces
- Experience testing RESTful APIs using an automated script
- Detailed understanding of testing, defect, and data management tools
- Ability to integrate test automation into the CB/CI/CD pipeline
In essence, we are looking for a talented and passionate candidate to join our team. We are a fun-loving yet extremely focused and hard-working group. If you’re looking to join a team of smart and dedicated individuals with a passion for creating software for devices that help others, then we want to speak with you. Compensation is competitive and is based on experience, accomplishments, and proven success.
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to — as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.