Overview: ROMTech is looking for passionate, self-driven Software Quality Assurance (SQA) engineers to join our growing team in Brookfield, CT. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring successful launches of many product features for our cloud-connected medical device. You will be working with software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, and project managers to create, maintain, and execute test plans; build manual and automated test infrastructures.
This position will focus on the quality assurance of our manufacturing applications and operations tools.
- Work within the Software QA Team to perform software verification our manufacturing and operations applications, in support of our cloud connected, multi-processor medical device
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Work closely with the software development and DevOps teams to find, isolate, document, regress, and track issues through resolution.
- Develop test plans, test suites, and test cases to verify the software stack (Android, web portal, middleware, firmware) using manual and automated methods
- Create automated tests for web and mobile applications
- Participate in Agile/SCRUM exercises such as standup, grooming, planning, and retrospective, to ensure the team is working effectively and managing its work
- 5+ years’ work experience in SQA and/or user acceptance testing
- 2+ years writing test plans and test cases for complex medical device applications
- Successfully worked with interconnected systems that contain Bluetooth and wireless networking interfaces.
- Ability to derive, review and execute test cases at various quality assurance levels
- Experience integrating test activities in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience reviewing requirement specifications for defects, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security
- Experience with tools to manage defects and test cases
- Disciplined approach to testing and documentation in a fast-moving environment
- Team player with high energy
- Able to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings, with distributed teams
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Experience testing applications that support Bluetooth and Wi-Fi peripherals
- Experience testing RESTful APIs using an automated script
- Experience with quality management systems for medical devices
- Experience improving test processes and procedures
- Hands on experience with test automation using a programming language (Java or Python preferred)
- Detailed understanding of testing, defect, and data management tools such as Helix ALM, TestRail, JIRA, Selenium, and SQL
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
1. A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
2. An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to — as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
ROMTech offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.