Position Overview: We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our software team. The Senior Android Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining mobile applications for the Android platform. The ideal candidate should have strong experience in developing Android applications and the ability to work independently on projects. This is a fulltime, remote position which reports directly to the Software Development Manager.
- Develop robust, high quality GUI applications using:
- Java and Kotlin (writing the code)
- Bluetooth connections to our device and peripherals
- REST API connections to our middleware
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other developers.
- Troubleshoot and debug Android applications.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master, Product Owner and other stakeholders to ensure project requirements are met.
- Ensure application performance and usability.
- Enhance existing applications with the latest features.
- Work effectively in a dynamic environment with constantly changing needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure successful integration of different components.
- Stay current with the latest Android technologies and trends.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications for the Android platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or 5 years’ experience as an Android Developer.
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, and other Android programming languages.
- Experience with a service-based architecture using microservices and RESTful services.
- Experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures, and working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience developing software as part of a team in a complex N-tier application environment comprising of mobile apps, websites, web services, databases, SOA, etc.
- Knowledge of Android SDK, Android Studio, and other development tools.
- Experience with XML, HTML, and other web technologies.
- Experience communicating with Bluetooth devices from Android.
- Knowledge and experience with Gradle and CI tools such as Jenkins or CircleCI.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Medical device with mobile applications experience a plus.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to embark in the next chapter of your career, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate a computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.