Location: Brookfield, CT
ROMTech is now seeking a Sr. Generalist to join our People Operations division. The Sr. Generalist will support the overall day to day administration and coordination of division policies and procedures. With the tremendous amount of growth in the company, the variety of tasks and projects will vary daily, and no two days will be the same. Therefore, our ideal candidate is an individual who can pivot easily and prioritize as necessary. The Sr. Generalist will report directly to the Director, People Operations & Communications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the new hire integration and onboarding experience.
- Track and conduct 30/90-day check-in calls with new hires.
- Coordinate all company required trainings for current employees and new hires.
- Process employee and contractor status changes.
- Manage the HRIS database by keeping information current in the system.
- Develop and maintain position descriptions for all current and newly created positions in the company.
- Support the process of administering, tracking, and completing annual reviews.
- Support the process of updating policies and procedures.
- Provide day to day support for all on site and remote employees; answering questions and escalating when necessary.
- Identify the training needs of people managers on policy, procedure, and talent.
- Work with the Benefits team to ensure employee support and to build out wellness initiatives.
- Ensure division practices are executed in accordance with all federal and multi-state regulations.
- Function as a subject matter expert with company and division policies.
- Devise and distribute internal communications as requested.
- Act as a cultural role model and drive accountability for exhibiting behaviors aligned to our core values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of HR experience (hyper growth environment a plus).
- 2-4 years in a Generalist role.
- HR degree or certification required.
- Roll up one’s sleeves mentality – no task is too big or too small.
- Experience with a remote employee population.
- Experience with national organizations.
- Natural ability to stay organized with excellent follow-through skills.
- Proficient experience with an HRIS system, UKG required.
- Apply knowledge and experience with federal and state employment laws, including leaves of absence, ADA, EEO, FLSA, etc. to ensure compliance.
- High problem-solving and conflict resolution skills with the ability to handle difficult situations and diffuse potential issues.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Proven ability to motivate and empower.
- Superior active listening skills with the ability to understand what needs to be executed.
- A passion for people and interacting with others.
- Extremely tech savvy; proficient with Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PPT, OneDrive, SharePoint), DocuSign, HRIS reporting, etc.
- High capacity to maintain confidential information, ability to act with integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent judgment.
Most importantly, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about their work. Our team motto is, “We’re not traditional HR, we’re cool HR”, and we live by that. Our team works with and for our people to ensure that our employees feel supported, motivated, and driven. Do you establish a genuine rapport with others? Do you constantly look for ways to mediate issues? Can you effectively balance the needs of employees and the needs of the company? If so, then this is the right position for you!
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now! We are looking forward to meeting with you.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate a computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.