Location: Brookfield, Connecticut
Description: We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to assist in preparing budgets, journal entries, reconciling all inventory accounts, coordinating annual physical inventory and cycle counts and contributing to profit planning. This position will be reporting to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for delivering high quality accounting and analytical support, ensuring the accuracy of the ROMTech’s accounting records and meeting the timely close for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries for monthly closings.
- Assist in the preparation of standard and specialized financial reports for internal and external requirements.
- Assist in the A/P and A/R functions.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations within the ERP system.
- Record, maintain and reconcile fixed assets and related depreciation accounts.
- Assist with annual budget process and forecasting
- Analyze inventory valuations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced in Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookups)
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships with internal partners